You’ve waited, you’ve hoped, you’ve prayed, you’ve begged and you’ve threatened to eat our pet guinea pig Sir Squeakalot. But the wait is finally over, because Iceland Version 1.0 is finally here!
This isn’t just a simple update to support the DK2. Of course it does support the DK2 and Iceland looks more beautiful than ever. But we thought it would be a good opportunity to take a good look at Iceland and make it even more shiny.
Some of the highlights of this release are:
- Animals! See if you can spot the rabbits, foxes, sparrows and other animals roaming around.
- Highly optimised. Iceland was always a pretty demanding experience, with FPS sometimes dipping into the low 20s on powerful machines. So we’ve done a lot of optimisations to make sure you can get that magical smooth 75 fps all through the ride!
- Added Aurora Borealis, because of pretty.
- Changed the path to only use yaw and ignore pitch and roll by default. This should make the whole experience a lot more comfortable.
- Added the ability to summon a crow to guide the way. This should help with the really easily nauseated people.
We hope you enjoy this experience! You can download Iceland here.